- 60 Day Guarantee
EFFECTIVE MOIST HEAT THERAPY
Effectively holds warmth for up to 30 minutes for soothing therapy
SOOTHES SORE MUSCLES
Heat therapy relieves painful, stiffness muscles due to arthritis, injury and surgery
Sized for use in most hydrocollator units or heat on the stovetop for soothing relief
Durably constructed with reinforced stitching for long term usage
Filled with a safe, bentonite clay mixture for optimal heat retention
Black and white hanging straps ensure packs are rotated and easier to handle when hot
How should I store my Products Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack?
The Vive Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack can be stored in two ways. For frequent use, store the Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack submerged in water, changing often to minimize cross-contamination. For infrequent use, the moist heat packs may be stored in a sealed bag in a freezer.
Do I need to use a pack cover or towel with the heat pack?
Yes! The Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack must be used with a pack cover or thick towel layer between the skin and the pack to prevent irritation and burns.
One of the chambers feels lumpy. Is it okay to use?
Feeling lumps of clay may be a sign that the Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack has not absorbed enough water during the initial soaking or is beginning to dry out. Resumberge the Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack for several hours to rehydrate the bentonite clay mixture.
What is the Vive moist heat pack filled with?
The Vive moist heat packs are filled with a safe, bentonite clay and sodium silicate mixture.
How long will it take to heat the Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack on the stove?
The Vive Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack should be soaked for 20 minutes to ensure the pack remains heated throughout the heat therapy session.
What are the dimensions of the heat pack?
The Vive standard heat pack measures 10” by 12”. The Vive oversized pack measures 15” by 24”.
Is the Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack flexible?
Yes! The Products Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack is designed with interval stitching to contour to the targeted area for optimal relief.
Is the heat pack weighted?
Although the heat pack is not weighted, the heat pack is substantial in weight due to the clay mixture absorbing water.
- For moist heat therapy at home and in clinics and provider settings
- Relieves muscle pain and stiffness
- Standard pack: 10” by 12”
- Oversized pack: 15” by 24”
- Heavy-gauge cotton
- Bentonite clay with sodium silicate
How to Heat:
- Before first use: Soak the hydrocollator pack by submerging completely in water for a minimum of two hours
- Test the pack by gently squeezing each chamber to ensure every section is fully expanded
- Place the hydrocollator pack in a microwave-safe container and cover completely with water
- Heat on high power until the water temperature reaches 160 Fahrenheit
- Leave the pack submerged in the heated water for 20 minutes before use
Stove top heating:
- Place the hydrocollator pack in a large pan (enameled or stainless steel is recommended, as some aluminum pans may cause discoloration)
- Cover the pack completely with water and heat until the water temperature reaches 160 Fahrenheit.
- Leave the pack in 160 Fahrenheit water for a minimum of 20 minutes before use.
How to Use:
- Carefully remove the hydrocollator pack from the hot water with the color-coded straps
- Use the Vive hydrocollator pack covers (sold separately), towels or terry cloth covers to minimize contact between hot pack and bare skin
- Frequent users: Store submerged in water until the next use
- Infrequent users: Place in a plastic bag and store in freezer until next use
- If left out to dry the inner clay will harden. The clay can be used again by soaking for 12 - 16 hours to reabsorb water
- Vive Hydrocollator Moist Heat Pack
- 60 day guarantee
Product Number: RHB1091SS (Standard); RHB1091OS (Oversized)
Shipping Weight: 1.14 pounds (Standard); 3 pounds (Oversized)